Diamond Beach Private Yacht
The Diamond Beach Private Yacht was the third environment released as part of the Diamond Beach-themed spaces. It was designed as an apartment and clubhouse where players could relax on the open ocean and even go for a cruise! Players could control the yacht and navigate around a sizable area and visit some of the nearby islands.
Like the other Diamond Beach-themed spaces (Mansion, Yacht Club, and Yacht), all were all accessible via an in-game boat that would automatically take players to their destination and handle instance loading.
As a software developers for this project, my contributions included:
- Led a small team of developers to tackle this larger than normal project
- Implemented the day/night cycle used throughout the Diamond Beach spaces
- Developed a flora system that would load/unload assets based on player position and orientation to optimize memory usage and framerate
- Implemented lighting features
- Responsible for continued development of client-side communication code required for networked data and telemetry
- Yacht driving mini-game
- Fish swarms
- Hot tubs
- Lighting elements
- Entertainment center